Want to know the key differences between a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Team members license and an Essentials license? We’ve highlighted a few below:
Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members License
Beneficial for: Users who require read-only access to certain data and functionality in Business Central. They are additional users with limited access.
The users with Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members license can:
- Read data within Business Central
- Update existing data and entries in Business Central
- Approve or reject tasks in all workflows assigned to that user, with the limit that approvals and rejections can only update data in records that Business Central Team Members can access
- Create, edit, and delete a sales or purchase quote
- Create, edit, and delete personal information
- Edit job time sheets for approval
- Use the Dynamics 365 Power Apps/Power Automate use rights provided with a Dynamics 365 license
- Their application module may be customized with maximum 15 additional tables (custom tables or standard Dataverse tables) available to the Business Central Team Members license per pre-approved application scenarios
Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials License
Beneficial for: Users who require the full feature rich functionality. They are full users and have access to everything in Business Central. The Essentials user licenses include unrestricted Business Central Team Members access.
The Essentials license includes a wide range of capabilities:
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- AI-Supported Forecasting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management and Inventory
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members is $8 / user /month
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials is $70 / user /month
This pricing includes software, cloud and system administration. It does not include helpdesk and consulting fees.
How can you get Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members or Essentials licenses?
You can get Dynamics 365 Business Central through CSP partners. Tensoft is a certified Microsoft partner since 2005 and has extensive experience in re-selling and supporting Microsoft Dynamics. To learn more about our expertise, visit the “Why Tensoft” page on our website.